My diet is basically a paradox. As much as I enjoy healthy eating and finding yummy substitutes, I equally enjoy pigging out. That in mind, I am a sucker for Thanksgiving food…but like… all year round! So this week, I decided to cave into my cravings and whip up THE healthiest and most finger-licking (no lie) mashed potato recipe I have ever tried.
Now, there is NO dairy involved in this recipe, and I know what you may be thinking: milk and butter are what make mashed potaters so good!! BUT this version is somehow way way way better tasting and much better for your diet! We are substituting milk and heavy cream with chicken broth and replacing regular butter with vegan – plant based spread.
What you’ll need:
- 1 (1.5 LBS) bag Baby Red Potatoes
- 4 tsp Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread
- 1 cup Chicken OR Veggie Broth
- 1 tsp Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the potatoes are tender ~ 15-20 minutes. Add salt.
- Drain potatoes in a colander. Simultaneously, heat up chicken broth and buttery spread in microwave or small sauce pan ~ 1-3 mins
- Pour on top of potatoes and add pepper and Lawry salt.
- Mix together with a folk & spoon or masher until your desired consistency. I prefer mine a bit chunky!
If you are ready to experience a true mouth-gasm, I urge you to give this recipe a try! I seriously could not help but snack on several spoonfuls while prepping this side! Xo