I don’t really have a reason for this post other than it’s
#NationalPancakeDay and we’re hungry! Lol, just kidding. But no really, I’m obsessed with breakfast food, especially pancakes! I’m a regular Saturday and Sunday bruncher…like to the point where my local spots, know me by name! But let’s be honest, brunch can add up very quickly, especially when you throw mimosas into the mix!
So this past weekend, we decided to cut the lines and make our own boozy brunch in the comfort of our home. This upcoming weekend, I challenge you to do the same!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup Krusteaz Honey Wheat Pancake Mix (optional)
- 1/2 cup Steel Cut Oatmeal (for pancake mix)
- 1 Banana (for pancake mix)
- 1 tspn Cinnamon (for pancake mix)
- 1 handful Blueberries
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Avocado
- 1 handful Spinach
- 1 Russet Potato
- Orange Juice
- Andre Champagne
- Mash banana with fork to a liquid consistency or goopy mush. Next, mix in oats, pancake mix, and cinnamon with a splash of water. You want to make sure that your mix has the consistency of pancake batter, thin enough to stir but thick enough to cook evenly.
- Heat a lightly oiled NON-STICK griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour the batter onto the pan, using approximately half of the mix for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot and add blueberries.
- Dice up potato into small cubed pieces. Place potatoes and bell peppers into a oiled medium sized skillet. Season with the herbs of your choice. Cover with a lid, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the lid, and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently until brown and crisp on all sides.
Spray skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high and crack open eggs. Add bell peppers and spinach for taste. Top with avocado once cooked.
*Now, all your hard work in the kitchen, deserves a drink! Fill up your glass with champagne and a splash of OJ, and Voilà!!
Happy eating! XO