Skip the take out this evening and whip yourself up some easy, homemade chicken fried rice! It’s no secret that I’m pretty much obsessed with Panda Express but as we all know its not very healthy! So for a couple of years now, I’ve toyed around with my own recipe and I think I’ve finally perfected this hearty dish!
As we are kick starting 2018, there is no better time than now to prep some healthy yet yummy meals for our week!
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups Brown Jasmine Rice
- 4-5 chicken breasts
- 3 eggs
- Stir-Fry Veggies
- pea pods, peas, bean sprouts, carrots, bamboo shoots, soybeans, water chestnuts, mushrooms
- 3 TBS Soy Sauce
- In a medium sized pot, add 4 cups of water + rice.
- Cover and let simmer for about 25-30 minutes in medium heat.
- While rice is cooking: dice chicken breasts and grill pan over medium heat, 6 minutes on each side.
- Simultaneously, scramble eggs in small sized pan.
- Finally, once the rice has absorbed all of the liquid, transfer rice into large pan with chicken, and stir in veggies and eggs.
Voilà! There ya have it!
It’s a healthy take on a not so healthy dish! If you’re up for a ridiculously easy meal, literally as easy as stirring in all the ingredients together, this meal is for you! It is by far, my favorite dish this year! Xoxo