For this week’s meal prep, I wanted to keep it healthy but still somehow give into my cravings. Since we are in the thick of Summer, I’ve had this hunger for burgers (and for me… Summer = grilling).
Sooooo, I decided to try out : Spinach & Feta Turkey Burgers with Greek yogurt avocado spread.
And let me just say: THIS MEAL IS SO YUMMY and most importantly, EASY!
What you’ll need:
- 1 package of Ground Turkey Breast (1-2 LBS)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 ounces of Feta
- Half box of spinach (8 oz), squeezed dry
- 1 Avocado (optional)
- 3 TBS Greek Yogurt (optional)
- Mustard (optional for spread)
- Whole wheat Lavish bread or burger buns (optional)
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add in spinach and toss with tongs until wilted. To avoid sogginess, roll up cooked spinach in a dishtowel and wring out the excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack and beat in two eggs, add feta, cooked spinach, and turkey, until well combined. Form into 8-10 patties.
- Cook on preheated grill or stovetop until no longer pink in the center, 10-20 minutes,
- Toast your bread or bun. I prefer Lavish Bread because of the longer shelf life, higher protein, and hearty crunch.
- Slap on your spread!
The blend of zest this meal offers, is unreal! The patties turn out super juicy and flavorful! If you’re up for a ridiculously easy dish, and I MEAN as easssyyyy as mixing, forming, and tossing your patties on the grill…then this recipe is for you. This meal is definitely Mediterranean inspired, so I like to add a Greek Salad on the side!
Trust me, this is a household favorite….and yeah, sure… I only cook for myself, but you get the gist! Enjoy!