New week = new meal prep recipe idea! I finally took the plunge and decided to take my large shopping trip to Trader Joe’s. & UMM, why have I been wasting my time & money at these other markets?!! I was in foodie heavennnnn. I heard great things about TJ’s pizza crust options so I decided to build my meal prep around it. I mean, a load of veggie toppings counts as salad, right?
I tried a gluten-free/organic dough crust as well as a cauliflower crust.
What you’ll need:
- Regular or cauliflower crust
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1 Asian Vegetable Stir Fry pack
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbps feta cheese
- 4 tbps tomato paste
- 2 tbps pineapple (obvi, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Dice chicken breasts and grill pan over medium heat, 6 minutes on each side
- *If using cauliflower crust: Bake crust first for 15 minutes then let cool.
(Do not skip this added step or else your crust will crumble )
- Prep your crust with a touch of EVOO and tomato paste/sauce. Carefully, spread the cheese, herbs, chicken, and veggies. Bake once more for 20-25 minutes or until crust and veggies are golden brown.
Cauliflower crust is absolutely delicious, however, it did cause me some discomfort. Cauliflower is in the family of Cruciferous veggies, which b/c high in fiber can lead to bloating. But, I would def recommend either version of this recipe to all!