It’s no secret, my obsession with Chipotle is concerning. Their rice?…I mean, come onnn!! But since I made a pledge to make 2017 my healthiest year yet, I had to painfully put down the massive burritos and practice weekly meal prepping. Every Sunday, I prep the same meal: rice, veggies, and chicken. As it can be very monotonous, I like to whip-up different recipes.
This week, I decided to try my own rendition of Cilantro Lime brown rice (to avoid a stop at Chipotle, tbh), and let me tell you, this has been my favorite (and easiest) rice recipes to date!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 limes (1 tablespoon of zest)
- 2 ½ cups water
- ½ -¾ cup of chopped cilantro
- In a medium sized pan, add 2 cups of water + rice.
- Cover and let simmer for about 20 minutes in medium heat.
- Uncover and stir in ½ cup more of water on low heat for 5-10 mins.
- Once the rice has absorbed all the liquid, stir in zest, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Side note: throw the squeezed limes into the garbage disposal, naturally cleaning its walls + creating a fresh scent for the sink.
I seriously could not help but to scoop out spoonfuls during the cooking process.
Simple. Tasty. Flavorful.Healthy!