I am the first to admit that I have allowed the stress of one particular situation to completely F up my entire day/mood, like a h a n d f u l of times. It’s something I think many of us have battled as young adults. Whether you need to unwind after a long day of work, school, or just life in general, here are a few tips that have helped me chill tf out.
- First things first – blast music during the car ride home. The second I step into my car, it is either EDC on wheels or the most ratchet club you have ever stepped into. Sure, I get looks but especially being stuck in LA traffic, this somehow brings me clarity and helps separate work from home.
- Pick up your favorite take-out on the way home. Make sure to call ahead!! B/c lets be honest, food always does the trick.
- Go on a hike. The thought of hiking after a full day in the office or classes may seem daunting but even if it’s for just 20 mins, it’ll mentally do you some good.
- Stretch– Turn off the lights, burn some candles, get on a yoga mat (I don’t do yoga so can’t recommend that) and play some vibey songs or meditate (can’t do this either)
Electric (Marian Hill Remix) – Alina Baraz, Khalid, Marian Hill)
Fantasy-(Felix Jaehn Remix)- Alina Baraz, Galimatias, Felix Jaehn) or the (Mark Ralph Re-Work) or the (Vices Remix) – basically anything Alina B.
Insane – Flume
Inside Out- Chainsmokers
Light – San Holo (He’s amazinggg)
Tennis Court- Lorde
Something About You- (Odesza remix)
Mask Off-Future (LOL, jk)
Do Not Disturb – Drake
Let Me Love you- Ariana Grande, Lil Wayne
How Did I Get Here – Odesza
Back That Azz Up- Juvenile – (jk)
- Netflix & chill. Find a show and watch the hell out of it, preferably complex story lines or reality shows to help you feel better about your life.
- FaceTime loved ones. God bless my friends and fam for listening to my rants and for feeding me much needed chisme throughout our convos. An instant pick-me-up.
- Sip on a glass of wine. Just because.
- Pray. Whether you are a believer or not, talking to a higher power, whether that be God or a passed loved-one can be extremely cathartic.
- Finally, my most guaranteed method…ENJOY MEMES before bed. Get yourself in a feel-good mood before you rest yo’ eyes.
**Whatever the situation may be, remember it is only temporary. As my dad would always say, “there is a solution to everything, besides death.” That being said, I am for sure a work in progress…