If you are like me, you do not have the patience to stand around in the kitchen for hours. Because ain’t nobody got time fo’ that, every Sunday, I meal prep for the week. So it’s imperative to use the most low-maintenance yet yummy but also healthy recipe to keep me from eating out (which is hard af.) This dish has two ingredients: Non-fat Greek yogurt & lemons.
This creamy and tart dish literally has me slurping it’s juice every single time. Plus, the cultures in the yogurt, help tenderize the chicken where as the lemons stand in as a marinade. This is one of the few meals that I never get bored of. Healthy and delish? COUNT ME INNNN.
I eat 2 chicken breasts a day, 6x a week. So, I will usually prepare up to 12 breasts in one baking dish.
What you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Scoop 1 cup of Greek yogurt in a mixing bowl and cut the ends off of the lemons
- Side note: you can throw the ends into the garbage disposal, naturally cleaning its walls all while creating a fresh scent for the sink.
- Cut each lemon in half and squeezzee into the bowl.
- Put the lemons aside and mix in herbs (I add salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste)
- Add in chicken breasts and lemon slices and marinate in the fridge for however long you would prefer (I usually do 30-45 mins)
- Next, preheat the oven (if you decide to bake) to 400° F.
- Or you can grill pan over medium heat, 10 minutes on each side.
- Transfer from bowl to baking dish. Bake 45-1 hr. Flip the breasts half way through.
*Voilà! I paired with brown rice, black beans, cooked spinach, and avo (:*
(This marinade is a great substitute for salad dressing, dipping sauce, and even stands as a natural face mask)